SAMARITAN MINISTRY TO RETURN TO USCHA!
After two years for virtual conferencing, Samaritan Ministry returned to the United States Conference on HIV/AIDS in October 2022. The conference this year was in San Juan, Puerto Rico. USCHA is sponsored by NMAC, one of the leaders in HIV advocacy and information since the beginning of the HIV epidemic.
This conference is always a unique place for us, and we are proud exhibitors at this conference since 2004.
Why do we exhibit at USCHA?
- We live out our mission at this conference: “Our church should be a beacon of light and hope, by way of Christ, to anyone who suffers from or has family or friends who suffer from HIV”.
- We engage with leaders in HIV research, prevention, and advocacy.
- We provide materials for Christian leaders to use that advocate for love and care in the face of ongoing stigma and homophobia.
- We offer hope and love to those we meet at our booth.
- We are usually the only faith organization of any kind represented in the exhibit hall.
- We promote a pro-active approach, our “Samaritan Model”, to encourage church leaders to become engaged.
- We teach about the confluence of the epidemics of HIV, Hepatitis C, and the opioid crisis. This is a Syndemic.
- And we support the NMAC mission: “NMAC leads with race to urgently fight for health equity and racial justice to end the HIV epidemic in America.”
Find out more about USCHA
At USCHA 2022, we promoted discussion about the outbreak of monkeypox (MPX) in the United States, using our popular “Booth Quiz”, and we will be distributed NARCAN, the lifesaving overdose reversal drug.
USCHA 2023 will be held in Washington, D.C.